I had worked on thread projects but never felt the need of blocking, truely speaking I didn’t know anything about blocking till I saw some post about it at Ravelry. after that I tried my hand on blocking and found the miraculous changes. I blocked my two long pending centerpieces yesterday.
DH saw this and said when did you do this! He did’t realise it was an old piece :) I am happy to see how the work has opened up and I can see all the details clearly.
And the second one
Merry Christmas to all :) I was quite busy with all the Christmas crafts for the children in my class and the practice for the function after holidays, it was leaving me so exhausted … but now as I got a weeks holidays I am back to my crafts. I finished this table mat, one more is on its way, as a part of C/KAL in my Ravelry group. and the next I am going to finish the edging to this baby blanket
made a dress for aaku’s doll.
Aaku was not happy with the back of the dress… so I have promised her that I’ll make a shawl later.
This was in my to do list for a long time, and I am happy that I finally made this. This is Hummingbird Irish Rose doily, I remember the pattern name only; forgot from where I got this pattern. It is not as fine as the original but I am happy with the result, as I did not do this for this long time just thinking that it would not come nice.
In this background it is looking like embroidery, isn’t it?
the close up of the rose and the bird
This is Shellivanni shoulder wrap I made a while back for Achu. This is a nice and easy pattern which can be easily modified according to the choice.
this is the back view of the piece. I surely need to learn the blocking.
This is potholder worked with interlocking crochet.
This is done recently, add of color to the dry and cold weather.
My doily for the last month is not done yet. I don’t know how the time is flying… I still have to do a lot of work to finish this one.
I am working on row 30 now.
After this row I have to work three more rows and then make the flowers. I think it is going to take more then one week.
I worked in delta crochet for the March doily.
The pattern is from Hassdesign This is the pattern from their CAL for the delta crochet. It was fast and fun to work in delta crochet. Maybe I’ll be crocheting another doily in delta crochet soon.
I am done with my February Doily.
I worked on Bruegs Lace for the first time and I was a little nervous about it. But it turned out OK and i am happy with the results.
Bruges Lace seems to be difficult but it is really easy and quite fun. I just had to look for the joins.
This was the first time I worked in Bruges lace, and I felt all the time I chose wrong thread for the project. The original pattern called for no 40 crochet cotton and size 11hook.
I got very disappointed with the end results and started half hearted on blocking. But as I started to block the lace I got the surprising changes in the appearance of the doily. It was a little tedious task to block every loop of the lace but was fruitful to me.
I finished it on 1st Feb but couldn’t post till now. This is pineapple doily #48 from Nihon Vogue book Pineapple Lace I used about 4 balls (20g each) of white and 2 balls of pink Red Rose crochet cotton no. 20 [I still have to block the doily.]