Latest knitting adventure

My newest creation

A sweater for a little boy.

Pattern- Light box

Designer- Dani Sunshine

It is a drop shoulder pattern; and I must admit that I had not heard of that term before starting this pattern. It was an interesting knit. A seamless bodice till the underarm section was a quick knit.
After the separation of front and back there were many stitch groups to be made. which were a bit tricky for me as I could locate only one of my stitch holders. So I kept all the stitches on hold together without separating them for left, right or neck. I kept in mind that I have not separated the stitches and so when I was doing the shoulder section I had to be a bit careful to have the exact number of stitches as I needed.
I loved working on the shoulder section and this is the star highlight of this pattern. Actually I was so enjoying the shoulder knitting that I overdid the pattern repeat here and had to undo.
I did not knit left sleeve first before starting the right shoulder. Instead I knit both the shoulders and then I did the neck ribbing and at last I picked up the stitches for the sleeve as it felt a wise idea to knit up all the live stitch work before starting the knitting the stitches which I have to pick up.
Also I wanted to knit both the sleeves simultaneously so that I don’t have to count the number of rows. I worked the sleeves together using magic loop method.

Advertisements

Pinterest Fail

my adventurous failed attempt on weaving on a hoop

I tried the hoola hoop weaving sometime back. You all must have seen those beautiful projects on pinterest claiming to make lovely floor rugs using the hoola hoop as the frame. I was so impressed and tempted to weave one and my bathroom door rug is wearing out. So it was a great excuse to lock myself into making one. With a beautiful outcome in my mind I started and weaved. But as it started growing I felt something was wrong. Couldn’t put my finger on what but I could sense that things are not going the way I want. Also I needed a little oblong mat instead of a round one. And I was determined to make it work. I tried a lot of things, and here was the look of the mat still on frame.

Now the problem revealed itself once I unattached the rug from the frame. It cupped and wouldn’t lie flat. 😕I knew this was happening after the red colour but still kept on working and now I had to undo all my work. I think I’ll stick to my crochet hook method for the rug. They are quick, sturdy and I can make any shape I want. So I have a rag rug coming up soon. For now you can judge the cupping by seeing these photos.

Kids said leave it like this we’ll use it as a wig😃