My newest creation
A sweater for a little boy.
Pattern- Light box
Designer- Dani Sunshine
It is a drop shoulder pattern; and I must admit that I had not heard of that term before starting this pattern. It was an interesting knit. A seamless bodice till the underarm section was a quick knit.
After the separation of front and back there were many stitch groups to be made. which were a bit tricky for me as I could locate only one of my stitch holders. So I kept all the stitches on hold together without separating them for left, right or neck. I kept in mind that I have not separated the stitches and so when I was doing the shoulder section I had to be a bit careful to have the exact number of stitches as I needed.
I loved working on the shoulder section and this is the star highlight of this pattern. Actually I was so enjoying the shoulder knitting that I overdid the pattern repeat here and had to undo.
I did not knit left sleeve first before starting the right shoulder. Instead I knit both the shoulders and then I did the neck ribbing and at last I picked up the stitches for the sleeve as it felt a wise idea to knit up all the live stitch work before starting the knitting the stitches which I have to pick up.
Also I wanted to knit both the sleeves simultaneously so that I don’t have to count the number of rows. I worked the sleeves together using magic loop method.
my adventurous failed attempt on weaving on a hoop
I tried the hoola hoop weaving sometime back. You all must have seen those beautiful projects on pinterest claiming to make lovely floor rugs using the hoola hoop as the frame. I was so impressed and tempted to weave one and my bathroom door rug is wearing out. So it was a great excuse to lock myself into making one. With a beautiful outcome in my mind I started and weaved. But as it started growing I felt something was wrong. Couldn’t put my finger on what but I could sense that things are not going the way I want. Also I needed a little oblong mat instead of a round one. And I was determined to make it work. I tried a lot of things, and here was the look of the mat still on frame.
Now the problem revealed itself once I unattached the rug from the frame. It cupped and wouldn’t lie flat. 😕I knew this was happening after the red colour but still kept on working and now I had to undo all my work. I think I’ll stick to my crochet hook method for the rug. They are quick, sturdy and I can make any shape I want. So I have a rag rug coming up soon. For now you can judge the cupping by seeing these photos.
Kids said leave it like this we’ll use it as a wig😃
Today I finished stitching this Kurta for my friend. She wanted a potli button front neck design. I think it looks good, isn’t it?
After I pressed and folded it, I remembered that I have not posted here for a long time. I grabbed my phone and clicked this pic.
I still need feedback on the fitting of it as I have to hand over it to my friend.
It’s not that I am not doing anything at all. I had been busy with kids for their summer holidays. Sadly this year we didn’t do much together. Kids did some crafting here and there but it was all unplanned; so not much to share.
I started some knitting projects recently, I’ll be posting about them in my next post. Till that time “happy crafting” 🙂
Hi all; I have a good news to share; my new pattern is going to be published in a webzine on May 20th.
A short, flared skirt is all you need to cheer a little girl. She goes round and round with the swirl of the skirt and you can not stop thinking how little things that cheer them up!!
My new pattern Laharen Skirt is a part of the May issue of the webzine Knotions.
This pattern is a buttoned waist skirt with cable patterned body. I worked this skirt using Nako Saten yarn which I had bought from the pony craft store. My daughter is loving the skirt and swirling in it 🙂
Wishing everyone a great year ahead!!
Live it! Love it! enjoy every minute of it!!
I am leaving you to celebrate the beginning of the new year with my year end roundup. I had listed my craft goals for the year and now is the time to look into the list to find out how much did I manage to do.
1.I am going to again try 52 in 52 i.e. will try to finish 52 craft projects this year. They’ll be published under 52in5 2016
I did manage to do more crafting this year and can proudly announce the completed list is in my page 52in52 2016.
2.Sew covers for dining chairs. This project is pending for last two years so a must do.
yes I did this too!!
3. Fabric Painted pillow covers; this is mostly to push my kids to paint
Not done. 😦 Started but couldn’t follow. not even half done!!
4. Knit/Crochet dresses for the girls. They have been asking for a long time now.
5. Knit/Crochet a shrug for sister, it was supposed to be gifted last year.
done! but still need to handover :p
5.Sew dresses with fabric in stash
made a kurta for me and one for LO
6. Not to forget to complete the UFOs
didn’t forget them but didn’t touch as well!! still ufo’s :p
I think I did good, and with all the happenings in the health area I must say I did great.. I didn’t quit and managed to keep myself crafting all year round.
Wishing myself and you all a crafty year ahead. Happy new year again!!
Wishing everyone a happy Rakhi..