Wishing everyone a great year ahead!!
Live it! Love it! enjoy every minute of it!!
I am leaving you to celebrate the beginning of the new year with my year end roundup. I had listed my craft goals for the year and now is the time to look into the list to find out how much did I manage to do.
1.I am going to again try 52 in 52 i.e. will try to finish 52 craft projects this year. They’ll be published under 52in5 2016
I did manage to do more crafting this year and can proudly announce the completed list is in my page 52in52 2016.
2.Sew covers for dining chairs. This project is pending for last two years so a must do.
yes I did this too!!
3. Fabric Painted pillow covers; this is mostly to push my kids to paint
Not done. 😦 Started but couldn’t follow. not even half done!!
4. Knit/Crochet dresses for the girls. They have been asking for a long time now.
5. Knit/Crochet a shrug for sister, it was supposed to be gifted last year.
done! but still need to handover :p
5.Sew dresses with fabric in stash
made a kurta for me and one for LO
6. Not to forget to complete the UFOs
didn’t forget them but didn’t touch as well!! still ufo’s :p
I think I did good, and with all the happenings in the health area I must say I did great.. I didn’t quit and managed to keep myself crafting all year round.
Wishing myself and you all a crafty year ahead. Happy new year again!!
I had been working on my mandala a little at a time this entire month. I completed till week 7 part.
I’ll try to complete it before my birthday in March ☺
Just finished the edging for a Saree pallu. First ever by me☺ I have done the tassel edging for some tablecloths but never for a Saree. I plan to do a beaded edging for my next saree.. maybe beaded tassels.
Here is my next block done
I did finish it last week itself but couldn’t write about it till now.
I got a bit carried away while doing this block and didn’t check the instruction notes properly. It’s outer edge having six wedges of pattern was also the confusion factor. I joined the middle card circle completely and made ring of the wedges and then joined the two pieces in one. While the instructions say to make the two block halves and join them in two in last step.
Got a lesson to read the instructions in complete calmness before starting to sew.
I still have not decided on my next block. Maybe today I’ll do that and start by tomorrow.
These cute slippers are embellished on my daughter’s tee. She got this tee from her friend just a month ago. On her first day of wearing it, she dropped her medicine on it and spoiled it
I thought of using liquid embroidery to hide the stain but my local shops didn’t have the tubes. So I used machine applique to hide the stains.
And now she has a new tee
When browsing pinterest I saw lovely pics of skeletal leaves. It suggested to boil leaves in washing soda for more than an hour.
I thought why not… and I almost did it
As you can see the project was a half success. I think I would have succeeded if I have given more time to the boiling. I am not sure though..
Before you start this project kindly keep in mind…
You might not know that the boiling of washing soda will release CO2 So do it in well ventilated area.
Further boiling will release the salts which will splitter everywhere around the gas stove. It will give your pan a whitish coating.
You might have to use many kind of leaves as some kinds might not work at all. The ones I thought will be good didn’t work for me.
Finally I managed to tuck in the loose ends to say this project a completed one
I don’t have a model for this beauty. I have to post it to the recipient and wait for the modeled pics.
And I am all ready for my next block
Finished my evening at the pond block. This is the second block of ’round the year’ quilt blocks series posted on Betukbandihttp://betukbandi.wordpress.com
I had started stitching these blocks last year when the series was proposed on fb, but I couldn’t do more than two blocks last year.
I had taken the layout print last year itself for this block. So all I did for the last three days was to piece the tamplates, cut the fabric and assembled the block. Tried my best to get neat finishing, which is not my expertise.
The block is a square block, but I am planning to make cushion covers . So I am leaving it circular till my next step 🙂
After more than a month of no craft related activity, I am trying to pick up on my craft goals for the year. I have to finish 52 craft projects in 2016 and I want to complete at least this goal for the year. About other goals for this year, I don’t remember if I did think of any personal goal as I was struggling with health issues..
Coming back to the topic… here is a teaser of my work right now
this I am finishing some knitting which I’ll show once done.
I had mentioned earlier about the lace collar I was working on; I have attached it to the dress. Have a look
This dress already had lacy collar but they were machine-made. The little girl rarely wore this dress as she found the dress neck too low as well as wide and was not comfortable with that. I am sure now she is going to wear this often:)
Here is the before look