February Doily is done

I am done with my February Doily.

I worked on Bruegs Lace for the first time and I was a little nervous about it. But it turned out OK and i am happy with the results.

Bruges Lace seems to be difficult but it is really easy and quite fun. I just had to look for the joins.

This was the first time I worked in Bruges lace, and I felt all the time I chose wrong thread for the project. The original pattern called for no 40 crochet cotton and size 11hook.

I got very disappointed with the end results and started half hearted on blocking. But as I started to block the lace I got the surprising changes in the appearance of the doily. It was a little tedious task to block every loop of the lace but was fruitful to me.

%d bloggers like this: