My newest creation
A sweater for a little boy.
Pattern- Light box
Designer- Dani Sunshine
It is a drop shoulder pattern; and I must admit that I had not heard of that term before starting this pattern. It was an interesting knit. A seamless bodice till the underarm section was a quick knit.
After the separation of front and back there were many stitch groups to be made. which were a bit tricky for me as I could locate only one of my stitch holders. So I kept all the stitches on hold together without separating them for left, right or neck. I kept in mind that I have not separated the stitches and so when I was doing the shoulder section I had to be a bit careful to have the exact number of stitches as I needed.
I loved working on the shoulder section and this is the star highlight of this pattern. Actually I was so enjoying the shoulder knitting that I overdid the pattern repeat here and had to undo.
I did not knit left sleeve first before starting the right shoulder. Instead I knit both the shoulders and then I did the neck ribbing and at last I picked up the stitches for the sleeve as it felt a wise idea to knit up all the live stitch work before starting the knitting the stitches which I have to pick up.
Also I wanted to knit both the sleeves simultaneously so that I don’t have to count the number of rows. I worked the sleeves together using magic loop method.
my adventurous failed attempt on weaving on a hoop
I tried the hoola hoop weaving sometime back. You all must have seen those beautiful projects on pinterest claiming to make lovely floor rugs using the hoola hoop as the frame. I was so impressed and tempted to weave one and my bathroom door rug is wearing out. So it was a great excuse to lock myself into making one. With a beautiful outcome in my mind I started and weaved. But as it started growing I felt something was wrong. Couldn’t put my finger on what but I could sense that things are not going the way I want. Also I needed a little oblong mat instead of a round one. And I was determined to make it work. I tried a lot of things, and here was the look of the mat still on frame.
Now the problem revealed itself once I unattached the rug from the frame. It cupped and wouldn’t lie flat. 😕I knew this was happening after the red colour but still kept on working and now I had to undo all my work. I think I’ll stick to my crochet hook method for the rug. They are quick, sturdy and I can make any shape I want. So I have a rag rug coming up soon. For now you can judge the cupping by seeing these photos.
Kids said leave it like this we’ll use it as a wig😃
Today I finished stitching this Kurta for my friend. She wanted a potli button front neck design. I think it looks good, isn’t it?
After I pressed and folded it, I remembered that I have not posted here for a long time. I grabbed my phone and clicked this pic.
I still need feedback on the fitting of it as I have to hand over it to my friend.
It’s not that I am not doing anything at all. I had been busy with kids for their summer holidays. Sadly this year we didn’t do much together. Kids did some crafting here and there but it was all unplanned; so not much to share.
I started some knitting projects recently, I’ll be posting about them in my next post. Till that time “happy crafting” 🙂
I had been working on my mandala a little at a time this entire month. I completed till week 7 part.
I’ll try to complete it before my birthday in March ☺
Just finished the edging for a Saree pallu. First ever by me☺ I have done the tassel edging for some tablecloths but never for a Saree. I plan to do a beaded edging for my next saree.. maybe beaded tassels.
Here is my next block done
I did finish it last week itself but couldn’t write about it till now.
I got a bit carried away while doing this block and didn’t check the instruction notes properly. It’s outer edge having six wedges of pattern was also the confusion factor. I joined the middle card circle completely and made ring of the wedges and then joined the two pieces in one. While the instructions say to make the two block halves and join them in two in last step.
Got a lesson to read the instructions in complete calmness before starting to sew.
I still have not decided on my next block. Maybe today I’ll do that and start by tomorrow.
These cute slippers are embellished on my daughter’s tee. She got this tee from her friend just a month ago. On her first day of wearing it, she dropped her medicine on it and spoiled it
I thought of using liquid embroidery to hide the stain but my local shops didn’t have the tubes. So I used machine applique to hide the stains.
And now she has a new tee
Finally I managed to tuck in the loose ends to say this project a completed one
I don’t have a model for this beauty. I have to post it to the recipient and wait for the modeled pics.
And I am all ready for my next block
Finished my evening at the pond block. This is the second block of ’round the year’ quilt blocks series posted on Betukbandihttp://betukbandi.wordpress.com
I had started stitching these blocks last year when the series was proposed on fb, but I couldn’t do more than two blocks last year.
I had taken the layout print last year itself for this block. So all I did for the last three days was to piece the tamplates, cut the fabric and assembled the block. Tried my best to get neat finishing, which is not my expertise.
The block is a square block, but I am planning to make cushion covers . So I am leaving it circular till my next step 🙂
After more than a month of no craft related activity, I am trying to pick up on my craft goals for the year. I have to finish 52 craft projects in 2016 and I want to complete at least this goal for the year. About other goals for this year, I don’t remember if I did think of any personal goal as I was struggling with health issues..
Coming back to the topic… here is a teaser of my work right now
this I am finishing some knitting which I’ll show once done.