my adventurous failed attempt on weaving on a hoop
I tried the hoola hoop weaving sometime back. You all must have seen those beautiful projects on pinterest claiming to make lovely floor rugs using the hoola hoop as the frame. I was so impressed and tempted to weave one and my bathroom door rug is wearing out. So it was a great excuse to lock myself into making one. With a beautiful outcome in my mind I started and weaved. But as it started growing I felt something was wrong. Couldn’t put my finger on what but I could sense that things are not going the way I want. Also I needed a little oblong mat instead of a round one. And I was determined to make it work. I tried a lot of things, and here was the look of the mat still on frame.
Now the problem revealed itself once I unattached the rug from the frame. It cupped and wouldn’t lie flat. 😕I knew this was happening after the red colour but still kept on working and now I had to undo all my work. I think I’ll stick to my crochet hook method for the rug. They are quick, sturdy and I can make any shape I want. So I have a rag rug coming up soon. For now you can judge the cupping by seeing these photos.
Kids said leave it like this we’ll use it as a wig😃
My recent fo (finished object) is the shrug for my sil. No I didn’t mend the last one but though of quickly making another one. All because of the steaking being alien technique for me.. never tried.. know it only in theory. I may get the nerves to try it but surely not now.
Coming back to the fo, this was my sil’s choice, as she wanted a full sleeved shrug.
I am super happy the way it has turned. I have tried knitting shrug before but I was never happy with the results and so the projects never got completed. Maybe because I never wore them I was not sure about their drape and fitting. I think this project gave me a bit of idea of a shrug.
Other than this I am working on some other projects.. here is a sneak peek on one of them
I had not been feeling like crafting for the last three months. I did some projects but nothing big, mending or alteration was what mainly happened for me. So not much to share but two mega failed projects
A pair of slippers and a headband for a little princess, sadly the slippers didn’t fit her (although I did make it for a year old size). I still have to make another pair for her and it’s been a month. I know I am being lazy but it looks like I am slowly getting my mojo back and soon I’ll update on this project.
A lace shrug made on request for Bhabhi. Sadly after washing I realised that the underarms are not going to fit her and so again I have to start a new one. I am still not sure about what to do with it.
I am finishing my UFO’s now a days and happy to say I have not many… here is what I managed to cast off today and blocked it as well
my first knitted doily 🙂
It was started in October 2013. It is Semco Fairy Knitting Design No. 9 a free knitting pattern. The pattern includes instructions for making 5 different sized cloths from the same patten and can be worked with yarn of any weight from size 60 thread on 1mm needles all the way up to fingering weight cotton on size 3.75mm needles. I used the light fingering weight which I had in my stash.